SouthWaste Odor? Report It!

SouthWaste odor in your nose? Report! Report! Record!

Each time a nuisance condition is detected from SouthWaste, it should be reported to both TCEQ and the City of Houston, and should also be recorded in your personal Odor Log as follows:

1. REPORT to TCEQ - Houston Regional Complaint Center Call 713-767-3641 or; File online:

2. REPORT to CoH - Bureau of Pollution Control & Prevention Use the 311 Smartphone App or; Call 311 during business hours (832-393-5730 after hours) or; File

3. RECORD in your Odor Log TCEQ provides an Odor Log form…/public/compliance/odor-log-public.pdf or; Create your own log noting date, time, duration, wind direction, temperature and your location.

Please copy TMCC with your written communications, or forward your Odor Log data, to so that TMCC can keep a master record of everything, for later use, as necessary.

Although this process is tedious, it is important. It gives this issue maximum exposure and documentation. Thanks for your help!